I manage my projects using my own ElephantPM project management methodology. This is a similar in many ways to PRINCE2 but is greatly simplified so that it is suitable for use by smaller organisations.
ElephantPM divides the Start-up stage into an analysis step and a planning step. During the analysis step it is necessary to create several diagrams,
- A mind map showing the output of the Discovery Workshop
- An “org chart” showing the breakdown of the project into Business Deliverables
- A flow chart showing the order in which Business Deliverables should be made
- A diagram showing the relationship between stages and the production of Business Deliverables
During the planning step it is necessary to produce
- Gantt Charts showing the Project Schedule and Stage Schedules
Over the years I have used various tools to produce these charts but I have now settled on Freemind and Microsoft Project 2010.
View original post 1,313 more words